Thursday, February 9, 2012

A dear friend gone to be with the Lord.

"the world was not worthy of them." Hebrews 11:38

That is the verse that comes to mind when I think of Pastor Ned Landers. Since early childhood I remenber him as my parents visited the church he served in while we were on fourlough. Him and his dear wife Marcene always had a big smile and friendly house when we went over to visit. They encouraged Telma and I in one of our most dire stages in ministry and God used him and Marcene to help Telma and I persevere to be where we are serving at today.
Ned was one of the few people I consider to be real pastors. The love of Jesus Christ shined through this dear man and his absence here will be felt.

1 comment:

Ernest said...

I too will miss this great man! He (and his family) has been dear friends of our family (more so my parent's -Ned was 4 yrs older than my Dad). My mom knew Marcene before they were married, and my Dad knew Ned before they were married... So they go way back. I remember making ice cream the old-fashioned way hand cranked in a bucket of ice, and washing it down with their home made root beer!!! Those were wonderful times.
Ned will be missed, but we will see him again one day!